TS3 - Nude Skin doesn't show

This is where we try to help each other with anything related to the Sims or the xSIMS websites.

Moderators: BeAFrog, masc

TS3 - Nude Skin doesn't show

Postby nightshade2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:31 am

I have windows on my PC and I followed all directions and unzipped the file they chose automatically but won't show in my Sims 3 game. Should the nude skin show up on Installed content when Sims 3 Game Launcher appears? Well everything seems to be downloading/unzipping correctly but it won't show on the actual game play... help?? :(
Last edited by nightshade2011 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:31 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: New
nightshade2011

Re: TS3 - Nude Skin doesn't show

Postby BeAFrog » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Hi there,

did you notice that the download description has a part for existing Sims? You may also want to have a look at our FAQ. Let us know if this helped you and provide more details (Windows Version, Sims Version, Addons, other modds installed etc.) if it didn't.

Regards,
BeAFrog
Last edited by BeAFrog on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Forum
FAQ
“Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere.”
BeAFrog

Postby nightshade2011 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:35 am

I have windows Vista I have gotten all other add ons except the skins why isn't the skin working? I extracted the file and it is JUST NOT SHOWING UP IN GAME. I have winzip I have internet connection 24/7 have DELL windows vista home premium edition/time warner road runner internet connection multi-Gig byte memory PC. My sims tried to change clothes etc. etc. This skin is just not working.
Last edited by nightshade2011 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:35 am, edited 0 times in total.
nightshade2011

Postby masc » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:25 pm

nightshade2011 wrote:I have windows Vista I have gotten all other add ons except the skins why isn't the skin working? I extracted the file and it is JUST NOT SHOWING UP IN GAME. I have winzip I have internet connection 24/7 have DELL windows vista home premium edition/time warner road runner internet connection multi-Gig byte memory PC. My sims tried to change clothes etc. etc. This skin is just not working.

Sorry for coming back to you so late but your answer just slipped through.
Has you solved the issue in the meantime?

If not follow this instruction:
1. Start the installer you extracted and follow the instructions.
After that all newly created sims will automatically use the new nude skin.

For existing Sims and neighbourhoods you have to do the following additional steps:
2. Start the Sims 3, choose your Sim in play mode and send him/her to a mirror and chose "change appearance". Make a minor change and save (click on the check mark).
3. Send your Sim to a dresser and chose "plan outfit", again make a small change to each and every outfit associated with your Sim and save (click on the check mark).
4. Enjoy natural Sims!
You have to do steps 2 and 3 for every custom Sim.

Have Fun
masc
Last edited by masc on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 0 times in total.
masc

Postby salelar » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:49 pm

do the skins work with all the sims 3 version ?
becurse i have try to get em to work to and i use windows 7
Last edited by salelar on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 0 times in total.
salelar

Postby masc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:17 pm

salelar wrote:do the skins work with all the sims 3 version ?
becurse i have try to get em to work to and i use windows 7

Basically yes, they should work with every version of The Sims 3. However, there are known issues with the Steam Version of The Sims 3.

If you have the steam version of The Sims 3 have a look at this posting: click
Last edited by masc on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 0 times in total.
masc

Postby nightshade2011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:14 am

I saved Mod_steam.zip file. But when I try to save the nude skin program on any other folders other then what it recommands it just says "loading aborted". What is a steam version of Sims 3? You mean downloaded playing on PC not with a disc?
Last edited by nightshade2011 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:14 am, edited 0 times in total.
nightshade2011

Postby masc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:50 am

nightshade2011 wrote:I saved Mod_steam.zip file. But when I try to save the nude skin program on any other folders other then what it recommands it just says "loading aborted". What is a steam version of Sims 3? You mean downloaded playing on PC not with a disc?

Hi nightshade2011,

First off, read and follow our Netiquette in the future.

Have a look at our FAQ: How do I install / Where do I put the downloaded files for 'The Sims 3'?

To find out what Steam is use Google and search for steam and valve.

Bye
masc
Last edited by masc on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:50 am, edited 0 times in total.
masc

Postby nightshade2011 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:24 pm

I can now create nude syms by choosing different skins in creating new syms... but exsisting syms still won't show details. Is therea step I'm missing besides chnging makeup/hair in the mirror then changing random clothes on the dresser?
Last edited by nightshade2011 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 0 times in total.
nightshade2011

Postby masc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:45 pm

For existing Sims and neighbourhoods you have to do the following additional steps for each and every Sim:
1. Choose your Sim in play mode and send him/her to a mirror and chose "change appearance". Make a minor change and save (click on the check mark).
2. Send your Sim to a dresser and chose "plan outfit", again make a small change to each and every outfit associated with your Sim and save (click on the check mark).

This always works for me.
Last edited by masc on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 0 times in total.
masc

Next

Return to Help & FAQ & Support