Female sims wear some form of sleepwear when showering

This is where we try to help each other with anything related to the Sims or the xSIMS websites.

Moderators: BeAFrog, masc

The Sims 3 - Censor Grid Remover - Version 2.4

Postby DrgnMastr » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:39 am

I am unsure if this goes here, with the nude skins or in a support forum. Admins, please feel free to move it to the appropriate area. Thanks.

There is something a bit strange going on since the last EA TS3 game patch, about a week ago. About 25% of the time, female tourists and new game-generated female sims will get some form of sleepwear when showering (or after woohoo). I've been noticing it of late in the game, but can't put my finger on it. I also have the nude skins and four NRAAS mods installed. Once this happens to a sim, they will wear that piece of clothing each time they get nude, no matter what outfit they have on.

This has also been tested with MasterController/Basic/Outfit/Naked 1. Pick a female tourist or service sim at random, and about 25% of the time they will have some clothes on. :)

Side Note: I have the game and the 5 expansions.
Last edited by DrgnMastr on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:39 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: New
DrgnMastr

Female sims wear some form of sleepwear when showering

Postby wildride » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:47 pm

DrgnMastr wrote:I am unsure if this goes here, with the nude skins or in a support forum. Admins, please feel free to move it to the appropriate area. Thanks.

There is something a bit strange going on since the last EA TS3 game patch, about a week ago. About 25% of the time, female tourists and new game-generated female sims will get some form of sleepwear when showering (or after woohoo). I've been noticing it of late in the game, but can't put my finger on it. I also have the nude skins and four NRAAS mods installed. Once this happens to a sim, they will wear that piece of clothing each time they get nude, no matter what outfit they have on.

This has also been tested with MasterController/Basic/Outfit/Naked 1. Pick a female tourist or service sim at random, and about 25% of the time they will have some clothes on. :)

Side Note: I have the game and the 5 expansions.

I experienced this aswell, how I fixed it was the following process:
1. Created another sim thinking just that one was borked, New sim also had the problem.
2. Identified and uninstalled the custom content that was showing up in the shower, This just made it switch clothes.
3. Bought a dresser and changed sleepware etc to maxis default clothes.
Had a shower and it went nude so back to dresser andchanged my clothes etc back to before and it worked.
Created another sim and things appear fine.

Came here to update the censor as I couldnt see any ghosts on missions, but when I saw your problem thought I should offer advise. You could probly just do number 3, I dont mind doing 2 on this one as the CC was an ugly bit of dress that was showing up on my male sim.. thing is it looked like he had grown a pair of tits while wearing it. :lol:
Last edited by wildride on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 0 times in total.
wildride

Re: Female sims wear some form of sleepwear when showering

Postby Sciguy77 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:48 am

Hey all!
I've omly neem playing the Sims for about a month, but this particular problem drove me INSANE right from the start. It turned out in my case that someone created a piece of clothing and then set the options within it's package to both NUDE and RANDOM. When either the game puts that piece of clothing on the Sim by chance, or you use it yourself in CAS, that article becomes the default piece of clothing for the nude state. Getting rid of it is a LOT of trouble too.
First, you have toeither remove all of your installed custom content (CC) or identify the piece of clothing in CAS (Create a Sim). If you have a lot of mods installed this can be a really time consuming process. If the creator also marked it as "Hidden" in CAS (like all the in-game career clothing) it won't even show up. I had to extract all of the packages out of the sims3pack files I had installedwith Delphy's Sims3pack Multi installer. All it does is open your Sims3pack files and throw them into a folder -- it won't repack them. If you want to get rid of this problem for good you're going to either have to set up the mods/packages folder as described elsewhere on this site or stop downloading and installing sims3pack files. I got my bad clothing right off the EA Exchange.
Anyway, back to the problem at hand. Once all the package files are extracted, you'll see they're all named in hexidecimal code. You're going to have to open them one by one with something like the Cas Texture Unitool. It will open the package, display a 3D image of the contents, and allow you to change the conditions under which a certain piece of clothing shows up. Do you have a really cool piece of lingerie you'd like to use for a swimsuit, but it isn't an option in CAS? This program will let you mod the files to do that. Find the troublesome piece of clothing, UNCHECK the nude box, save it back, and reinstall.
As a side note, it's almost scary how much bad content you'll find in a sims3pack file. About 1/4 of my files were broken, and I even found some sims2 files in there. There were also MANY duplicates of the same file in a LOT of my packs. When saving them back, go ahead and rename them with descriptive names so if you ever have a problem in the future you won't have to do this again.
There are also some problems being caused by modders who either by accident or ignorance are attaching adult clothing items to babies. When mom comes out of the hospital, the baby looks like a beam of light shooting up into the sky. When they age up into toddlers, they look like some kind of alien with the normal toddler head surrounded by a grossly deformed human body. I had several of these within my sims3pack files also.
If there's any response to this post I'll track down all the links and instructions covering how to deal with it. I'm not a modder and have only been messing with the game for a fewf weeks. Most of that time has been resolving these issues!
Hope this helps someone, I had a miserable time tracking all of this information down solo.
Last edited by Sciguy77 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:48 am, edited 0 times in total.
Sciguy77

Postby VicSams » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:30 am

Having the same problem my sims wear wears whenever in the shower or bath tub Look for some way to fix. :x
Last edited by VicSams on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:30 am, edited 0 times in total.
VicSams

Postby RenatoGreco » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 am

Sciguy77 wrote:Hey all!
I've omly neem playing the Sims for about a month, but this particular problem drove me INSANE right from the start. It turned out in my case that someone created a piece of clothing and then set the options within it's package to both NUDE and RANDOM. When either the game puts that piece of clothing on the Sim by chance, or you use it yourself in CAS, that article becomes the default piece of clothing for the nude state. Getting rid of it is a LOT of trouble too.
First, you have toeither remove all of your installed custom content (CC) or identify the piece of clothing in CAS (Create a Sim). If you have a lot of mods installed this can be a really time consuming process. If the creator also marked it as "Hidden" in CAS (like all the in-game career clothing) it won't even show up. I had to extract all of the packages out of the sims3pack files I had installedwith Delphy's Sims3pack Multi installer. All it does is open your Sims3pack files and throw them into a folder -- it won't repack them. If you want to get rid of this problem for good you're going to either have to set up the mods/packages folder as described elsewhere on this site or stop downloading and installing sims3pack files. I got my bad clothing right off the EA Exchange.
Anyway, back to the problem at hand. Once all the package files are extracted, you'll see they're all named in hexidecimal code. You're going to have to open them one by one with something like the Cas Texture Unitool. It will open the package, display a 3D image of the contents, and allow you to change the conditions under which a certain piece of clothing shows up. Do you have a really cool piece of lingerie you'd like to use for a swimsuit, but it isn't an option in CAS? This program will let you mod the files to do that. Find the troublesome piece of clothing, UNCHECK the nude box, save it back, and reinstall.
As a side note, it's almost scary how much bad content you'll find in a sims3pack file. About 1/4 of my files were broken, and I even found some sims2 files in there. There were also MANY duplicates of the same file in a LOT of my packs. When saving them back, go ahead and rename them with descriptive names so if you ever have a problem in the future you won't have to do this again.
There are also some problems being caused by modders who either by accident or ignorance are attaching adult clothing items to babies. When mom comes out of the hospital, the baby looks like a beam of light shooting up into the sky. When they age up into toddlers, they look like some kind of alien with the normal toddler head surrounded by a grossly deformed human body. I had several of these within my sims3pack files also.
If there's any response to this post I'll track down all the links and instructions covering how to deal with it. I'm not a modder and have only been messing with the game for a fewf weeks. Most of that time has been resolving these issues!
Hope this helps someone, I had a miserable time tracking all of this information down solo.

also i am getting same problem with slim ware. Really it's bore to me
Last edited by RenatoGreco on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 am, edited 0 times in total.
RenatoGreco

Postby masc » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:49 pm

This is not caused by our mods and I never experienced this issue and therefore can only give some general advise. You have to find out what mods are causing this by removing them all and then little by little adding them back into the game and check if the issue comes up.
Last edited by masc on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 0 times in total.
masc

Postby RenatoGreco » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:22 am

RenatoGreco wrote:
Sciguy77 wrote:Hey all!

also i am getting same problem with slim ware. Really it's bore to me

Thanks ,,it is working for me now.
Last edited by RenatoGreco on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:22 am, edited 0 times in total.
RenatoGreco

Return to Help & FAQ & Support