Some content won't appear in menus

This is where we try to help each other with anything related to the Sims or the xSIMS websites.

Moderators: BeAFrog, masc

Some content won't appear in menus

Postby KEChapman01 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:36 pm

I am running windows 7, have all the expansions and stuff packs up to showtime (not including Katy Perry), have installed Monkey bars, and have had success with much custom content. However...

Many of the items don't show specifically many of the mods by TaoTek. I have exhaustively researched for a solution prior to posting this (dumb) question but can't seem to find an appropriate solution. All the self installers which are not working DO appear in my downloads folder and after clicking select all and installing, they still don't show up in game.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Last edited by KEChapman01 on Fri May 18, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: New
KEChapman01

Re: Some content won't appear in menus

Postby masc » Sat May 19, 2012 11:41 am

Hi,

For me they are running fine.
Please describe in detail what you are doing from the download to the installation and also include your sim version numbers.

Have Fun
Last edited by masc on Sat May 19, 2012 11:41 am, edited 0 times in total.
masc

Re: Some content won't appear in menus

Postby KEChapman01 » Sat May 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Thanks for the reply. My game is patched to the current version.

Please disregard.... Trial and error plus more searching led me to a solution. I saw a post that said that the installer built in to the launcher has issues with too much input (not so unlike myself sometimes) specifically more than 200MB.

I have installed the TaoTek mini by itself and had success then installed some of the other items I was having a problem with and VOILA, now they're "in there like swimwear" (as they say)

Thanks again for your prompt reply and willingness to help. Also, thanks for the shaved nude skins and the attention to detail. My favorite female sims now love to get naked and play guitar for tips all over town.

I played Sims 2 in 06-07 but just started with Sims 3 a couple weeks ago after I got burned out with Sims Social on Facebook. Once I get comfortable with the different types of content I will want to start creating my own items and posting them.
Attachments
The Sims Untitled(2) Download
this is how the content appears in my downloads folder (which I have emptied pending resolution of this issue) after using the installer in the launcher.
Last edited by KEChapman01 on Sat May 19, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 0 times in total.
KEChapman01

Return to Help & FAQ & Support