Sims 3/Steam -- Destination of Installer not Correct

This is where we try to help each other with anything related to the Sims or the xSIMS websites.

Moderators: BeAFrog, masc

Sims 3/Steam -- Destination of Installer not Correct

Postby cosmic » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:18 am

Trying to download the nude hairy mod.

I am working with Sims 3 Version 1.67x from Steam on Windows 10

I have read through many of the threads, and have attempted countless downloads, but no luck...

"Windows registry of installation not found...auto install path detection of installer not correct, etc"

I'm a bit confused by some of the directions (download Mac version?) I am able to 'access' the downloads, I just can't be sure if I'm using the correct version, and I'm having a devil of a time directing the install to the correct folder.

Would appreciate any help -- the content of this website looks spectacular. Thanks!
cosmic

Re: Sims 3/Steam -- Destination of Installer not Correct

Postby masc » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:02 am

Hi Cosmic,

If the installer is not able to detect your Sims mod folder automatically you just have to point it to the correct folder. For The Sims 3 this would be the mods folder inside the The Sims 3 program folder. If that however does not work for whatever reason you can always download the MAC-version of the mod it includes the mod package-file you then have to manually copy into your mods folder.

Have Fun
masc

Postby cosmic » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:07 am

Not feeling too bright over here! Wow

I'm still having trouble but I was able to successfully install the Steam-friendly Windows version of the default mod.

Did change appearance, saved, changed all outfits, saved...but came up empty. Do I need to alter the color of the outfit? Or just change each of the five outfit once?

The Mac version seemed simple enough but I had trouble figuring out the basic steps

download the MAC-version
manually copy into your mods folder

I tried several combinations of this process, then tried to test in-game, and couldn't get it to work. I will try all of this again tomorrow. No earthly clue why I am having so much trouble. Blows my mind. Anyway, I really appreciate the help.
cosmic

Postby masc » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:51 pm

You might also check if you have a conflicting mod! Please temporarily remove all mods from your mod folder except for one of our skins, the nude clothes mod and the censor remover and try again with a new sim.
masc

Postby cosmic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:16 am

Boom. Got it.

Thanks for the help, masc!
cosmic

Postby masc » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Glad I could help. :)
masc

Return to Help & FAQ & Support