Donated but can't download supporter stuff please help

This is where we try to help each other with anything related to the Sims or the xSIMS websites.

Moderators: BeAFrog, masc

Postby JollyRoger8 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:00 am

I'm beginning to think xSims are nothing but scam artists. I paid my support to them and became a supporter. I should be able to down load some stuff on here but I'm unable to being that they claim I'm not a supporter yet. They should have my donation in their records. There's no way to contact them directly and they haven't gotten back to me on this issue. If I'm wrong, I will apologize to them openly. Until I hear from them, I will not give anymore donations.
JollyRoger8

Re: Are xSims on the Level or Not?

Postby JollyRoger8 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:37 am

JollyRoger8 wrote:Forgive me for being out of line but when a site doesn't follow through on their claims, I just get to wondering if they're on the level or not. They claim that if I made a donation to their site that I'd be upgraded to supporter and be able to download their merchandise onto my Sims game. I gave them my donation and was not able to download anything because they claimed that I am not a supporter. I'm confused as to what is going on. Why haven't they put me on supporter status since I gave them a donation? :? That's all I want to know. Can anybody help me out here?
JollyRoger8

Re: Are xSims Scam artists or Not?

Postby LibraryGuy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:01 am

There must be some sort of glitch. I donated a while ago, and immediately became a supporter.
Since then I've been able to download all sorts of good stuff. I know this is really frustrating, but be patient. They'll get back to you.
LibraryGuy

Postby masc » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:29 am

Hi JollyRoger8,

First off, you are way out of line here and with it you are violating our Netiquette, especially points 1. and 7. Be polite! You are further violating the rules 2., 3. and 6. Therefore you received a warning. Further violation of our Netiquette will result in a ban.

Now on to your issue. Our FAQ clearly states what the reasons might be that the automatic processing did not go through and what you should do in case something goes wrong when you donated, quote "please send a PM to masc stating your PayPal Transaction Number, date of the donation and your email address registered with PayPal". So far I didn't receive any message from you! After I got all the data asked for via PM I will look into this.

By the way I moved this post to the correct forum and changed the subject from "Are xSims Scam artists or Not?" to something more helpful.

masc

Re: Donated but can't download supporter stuff please help

Postby JollyRoger8 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi Masc,

If you'd read further, I asked for forgiveness. I didn't mean to violate any of your rules and promise you I will not violate them again. Please let me know if my donation went through or not. If it didn't, I will gladly donate again.

Sincerely
JollyRoger8
JollyRoger8

Postby masc » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:34 pm

After I got your donation data via PM I looked into it and found out that you made indeed a so called guest donation meaning you weren't logged in at xSIMS when you made the donation. Therefore our system wasn't able to automatically add your xSIMS-Account to the group of Supporters. However, everything should be sorted out now and you should be able to download the supporter Stuff.

Have Fun :thumbup:

masc

Postby JEB » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:00 pm

I have also donated and am unable to download.
JEB

Postby masc » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi,

Check this FAQ entry :idea:

Have Fun :)
masc

Postby JEB » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:52 pm

I'm I understanding right that I have to pay $14 dollars to download one file? I would not of donated if I had known this.
JEB

Postby masc » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:55 am

JEB wrote:I'm I understanding right that I have to pay $14 dollars to download one file? I would not of donated if I had known this.

Nope, you are not right, where did you get this from? From what I can see you should be able to download everything from our website! Have you tried fixing your issue with the help of the FAQ and by searching the forums? If you did so and still couldn't fix your issue please describe in detail what your issue is and what you already tried to fix it.

masc

Return to Help & FAQ & Support