Sims3, New update 1.7.9

This is where we try to help each other with anything related to the Sims or the xSIMS websites.

Moderators: BeAFrog, masc

Sims3, New update 1.7.9

Postby alrune » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi all

Today I used the new update 1.7.9 to see if there was any problems.

There was not ! All My mods and downloaded content worked.

It seems the update change saved files to a new version. Something EA did a lot in Sims2. The game loads a litle slow first time after the update, But no problems spotted.

Yours

Alrune
Last edited by alrune on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: New
:langde: Wenn Du kein Englisch verstehst, gib mir einfach nochmal kurz Bescheid, es findet sich bestimmt jemand, der es übersetzt.

Create Your game. Play Your game
alrune

Re: Sims3, New update 1.7.9

Postby masc » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi Alrune,

Great you checked that out.
It is good to know that everything runs fine. :)

See Ya
masc
Last edited by masc on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
masc

Postby Prisca-Zia--x » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:56 pm

I installed this new game update and now my downloaded custom content won't install and my game won't load! In both scenarios it freezes on the main loading screen with the Sims 3 logo and the loading bar. Any ideas on how to fix this?? Or why it's happening?? xx
Last edited by Prisca-Zia--x on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Prisca-Zia--x

Postby BeAFrog » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi there,

You may want to read the Required Reading: Netiquette & Help Requests.

To figure out if any mods are causing trouble or the update you should remove/uninstall the mods and start the game.

Greetings,
BeAFrog
Last edited by BeAFrog on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Forum
FAQ
“Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere.”
BeAFrog

Postby Prisca-Zia--x » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:37 pm

[quote="BeAFrog"]Hi there,

You may want to read the [url=http://sims2xsims.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=858]Required Reading: Netiquette & Help Requests[/url].

To figure out if any mods are causing trouble or the update you should remove/uninstall the mods and start the game.

Greetings,
BeAFrog[/quote]

I have no idea why you told me to read this since there was nothing wrong with what i wrote. In reply to a thread that stated the new update works perfectly, i simply replied that in this instance i have had problems since installing this update. I took the opportunity to ask whether anyone had a solution to this problem since the person starting the thread, i would assume, has a wide knowledge of games such as this. In actual fact i had been trying for 2 days to sort this out and have not had any luck. Most of the content i have installed is stuff i have paid for from the Sims 3 website so i doubt it is anything to do with that. I don't believe i "broke the netiquette rules" in any way!
Last edited by Prisca-Zia--x on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Prisca-Zia--x

Postby BeAFrog » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi again,

my referring you to the Netiquette was just a nice hint, not a warning or anything of that kind. That would have looked differently. :) But as you wanted to know why... Plainly speaking point 7 and thus point 1. In addition to that it's also point 11.

Back to the problem. Simply assuming that the downloads are not causing the problem doesn't get us anywhere. There are a few things that come to my mind that could help. The first is taking all modifications out of the game (leave the original EA once for a fist try if you like) to check if the game runs. If it does we know it's a download.
If it doesn't, well it's the patch or some changes on your system, or a nasty third party download that messed up some of your files somehow.

What exactly are you doing here? What do you mean by:
"[...]In both scenarios[...] "

Greetings,
BeAFrog
Last edited by BeAFrog on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Forum
FAQ
“Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere.”
BeAFrog

Postby Jokerman1973 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:32 am

Thank you
Last edited by Jokerman1973 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:32 am, edited 0 times in total.
Jokerman1973

Return to Help & FAQ & Support