Les Paul copy guitar

Talk about the Sims, your dog or the weather.
Don't forget to state the Sims version you are talking about in the thread topic!

Moderators: BeAFrog, masc

Protecting Your Privacy with Windows 10

Postby LeeS » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:03 pm

SUPPOSEDLY, there are ways to protect your privacy while using Windows 10

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ur+privacy

Is it just a proverbial 'smokescreen' in that they MAKE YOU THINK these procedures will work

when, in actuality, they do not work to protect your privacy? I don't know

However, I do know that I like Windows 7 and don't intend to change operating systems

until I have no choice whatsoever except to do so
LeeS

Re: Protecting Your Privacy with Windows 10

Postby masc » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:20 pm

LeeS wrote:SUPPOSEDLY, there are ways to protect your privacy while using Windows 10

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ur+privacy

Is it just a proverbial 'smokescreen' in that they MAKE YOU THINK these procedures will work

when, in actuality, they do not work to protect your privacy? I don't know

However, I do know that I like Windows 7 and don't intend to change operating systems

until I have no choice whatsoever except to do so

If you search the web for "windows 10 security compared to 7" you will find some interesting reads. I myself switched already and I'm happy so far. The most annoying thing still is that they changed the start menu. I don't understand why the hell they changed it starting with 8. Even though they stepped back with 10 it is still not as good as the one in 7. However there is a cheap tool from Stardock available called Start10 that fortunately gives back the old functionality.
masc

Re: Les Paul copy guitar

Postby LeeS » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Hey, I really appreciate your commentary about this matter. Windows 10 has me nervous. Why do you think they are giving it away for free? It sounds really suspicious to me. I feel they are up to something and it's not good!!!

Your opinion in this matter is much appreciated
LeeS

Re: Les Paul copy guitar

Postby masc » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Windows 8 was a fiasko so they had to make up for it and that's why they offered customers a free upgrade for Windows 10. At the same time this also was a cheap marketing campaign because all the media who willingly wrote about the free upgrade. However that's just my two cents.
masc

Start 10

Postby LeeS » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:54 am

I have faith in you. Your ability to update a mod to function with Sims 4 updates had earned my respect.

I value your opinion about Windows 10 as I wouldn't want to miss out on getting it for free.

Seems the cutoff date is in July 2016 and that is fast approaching

is this the program you are talking about?

START 10

https://www.stardock.com/products/start10/
LeeS

Windows 7

Postby LeeS » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:57 am

Come to think about it. I have no problems at all with Windows 7

Eventually I will have NO CHOICE WHATSOEVER except to get a Windows 10 computer or...
give up on computers entirely. Unless, of course, I go with a Mac, which I don't intend to do.

So, why should I upgrade to Windows 10 when I don't need it AT ALL!!!!
If you can convince me why I should I would like you to try as I do indeed respect your opinion

That Bill Gates is TOO STUPID to see the value of the START 10 option and install his own version
with a Windows update is not very comforting or reassuring.
LeeS

Terror Watch List

Postby LeeS » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:05 am

When I think of the NSA and other government agencies using Windows to spy on Americans
I take comfort in the fact that the Orlando shooter was on a terrorist watch list TWICE
and was still allowed to buy an assault rifle!!

If they are not going to come down on a guy like that what the hell do I have to worry about?
I'm not trying to take over the world and kill billions of people.

If the NSA, CIA, FBI and other government agencies want to catch really dangerous criminals
they should tap the phones of all the members of the Bilderberg group and
The Order of the Skull & Bones

If they could retrieve all the emails the Hillary Clintion deleted
they would have the goods on a woman more dangerous to America
than the average Muslim radical terrorist!!!
Bastards like Hillary Clinton stir up the radical Muslims like a person agitating a hornet's nest.
Then they blame the hornet for getting angry and going on the warpath!!!
I've read they have done this over and over and over with different countries.
They inflame the have nots then arm them with weapons to fight against the governments.
Such actions are CRIMINAL!!!!

There are also rumors that the government has been smuggling illegal drugs, into America, sewn into the bodies
of dead American soldiers. Can you imagine? You can't get more dishonorable than that!!!
These bastards make the laws and run America!!!

Donald Trump is going to need a well equipped Army backing him up to stop such corruption.
It's amazing to think that the problems put forth in the movie Mr Smith Goes to Washington
are now WORSE THAN EVER!!!!!

HILLARY CLINTON EXPOSED:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... on+exposed

I've heard that Google is manipulating their search engine so that we cannot use it to find out
just how crooked Hillary Clinton actually is.
If WE did what she did we would be in jail for a VERY LONG TIME!!!
Of course, SHE gets away with it, Why?
Obviously because she is the special interests' darling queen dream president
LeeS

Windows 10

Postby LeeS » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:37 am

masc wrote:Windows 8 was a fiasko so they had to make up for it and that's why they offered customers a free upgrade for Windows 10. At the same time this also was a cheap marketing campaign because all the media who willingly wrote about the free upgrade. However that's just my two cents.

Well, I can understand a free upgrade for all Windows 8 users. Man, have I ever read computer horror stories about Windows 8. That operating system really shook everyone's confidence in Microsoft. It caused me to hold onto Windows 7 practically for dear life.

So, I can see that Microsoft would want to win back people's confidence by offering the upgrade for free. Personally, I just did some research and I don't see any reason to upgrade. I read Microsoft will still be supporting Windows 7 until 2020. I've got another 4 years for people to come up with ways to protect consumers from the BIG BROTHER computer spys who want to see into your home through their technology and create detailed recordings of every fart you make along with the exact time and date of each fart. Probably be monitoring the decibel level of each and every fart as well. Not to mention every other noise you may make, so I won't mention it.
LeeS

Previous

Return to Small Talk